Saturday, June 5, 2010

Connor's New Room

We moved Connor in to his new room right when we got back from Florida and he has done WONDERFUL! We were very lucky and don't have any of those nightmare stories about not sleeping, getting up, etc...so, let's cross our fingers that this continues! He loves his new room and his big boy bed.

I want to give special thanks to a few people for the AWESOME room! First off, a huge thanks to Pat for all the hard work, time and energy he put in to the room. Pat put up crown molding and bead board and it looks great! He also did all the painting since it was during my first trimester and hung all the decorations (this was with my help!). Thanks also to Pops, Kurt and Chris for their help on the room! Finally, one last thank you to my BFF Erin for helping me figure out the colors/theme/comforter for the room...I was having a hard time coming up with colors since I did not want to do just blue and I LOVE how it turned out! I must remember not to always be so matchy matchy! :)
My favorite decoration is the CONNOR piece that you see in this picture. A friend of ours creates/draws/is the artist for these and they are very cool! Around each letter he drew cartoon type pictures of things that start with the letters of his name...nouns that we gave him that remind us of Connor. VERY COOL!




The only thing that we have left to hang are his initials and they will go on the blank wall by the window. I figured the room was one enough to post the pictures! :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Love the room! It looks great! Hard to believe it is the same room as before! What did you end up doing with your office?

Murphy Family said...

Thanks Sue! We moved the desk and most of the office stuff in to our room. We left all the furniture in Connor's new room excpet the desk and a filing cabinet. Now our room is a master/office! :) Can't wait to see you in ONE WEEK!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Room looks terrific and congratulations on a successful transition too!