Sunday, December 2, 2007

New Laptop

My last few blog updates have been made from our brand new laptop and I wanted to share with everyone the story on why we have a new laptop...this is one for the baby book! :)

Connor has had a pretty bad diaper rash for the past few weeks and one of the best things for it, is exposure to open air. So, a couple of times a day we lay Connor down on a towel, completely naked, and he just hangs out. At this age there is only so much to do with him during his "awake" time, so after we played for a little bit I thought I would update the blog while he was doing his "open air time".

As he was laying there he began to pee and it shot up and landed on my laptop. I immediately wiped up the 10 drops of urine off of the computer and began to work again. At this point I noticed that the computer had frozen and I could not move my mouse, so I turned the computer off by holding the button down (I know you are not supposed to do this, but at this point I had no other option). After it shut down I went to turn it back on again and much to my surprise it would not turn back on.

Pat called Dell and after they helped him troubleshoot some things over the phone, they determined that they thought Connor's little incident fried the motherboard...ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! How could a little bit of urine do that???? Dell said they could fix it for $500, however, after doing some research we discovered we could get a new laptop with new technology for only slightly more then that and opted for that solution.

Needless to say, not the best way to start off December budget-wise, but what are you going to do.

Like I said, it makes for a good story for the baby book!

No comments: