Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Indianapolis Mini Marathon

Well...I did it! When I was pregnant with Connor I went to watch my sister-in-law (Maryjane) run the Indianapolis Mini Marathon and I told myself that I wanted to do it after Connor was born. I started training in January and ran the race on May 3rd. I ran the entire race with two good friends, Natalie Gilbert and Cindy Todd and we finished in 2 hours and 25 minutes. My goal was 2 hours and 30 minutes so I was very happy with my time...and the fact that we ran the entire thing. It was a great time...and a great accomplishment.

It was also enjoyable because some of Pat's family came in to town to run as well...Pat's cousin Matthew and Caitlin (his cousin Crew's girlfriend). We ended the day with a cook out at Pat's Mom and Dad's and had a great time!

What a fun day!

Natalie and D ready for the big race...Nat is a great friend and a wonderful running partner! :) I could not have done this race without her!

Matthew, D, Natalie and Caitlin


Cindy, Natalie and D RUNNING! :)

1 comment:

Sue said...

so proud of y'all for doing this! Congrats! Super-cute posts!